Sunday, March 6, 2011

deathmatch!

so Ive run into a little bit of a snag. I've been working on a game that is very much inspired by the semi famous 2d shooter SOLDAT, which is an online competitive game that I spent a lot of time in high school playing. Which finaly led me to looking into how well game maker can handle online multiplayer, which it can, the problem being it takes working with an external library and basic networking knowleadge...which I do not have. So basicaly im putting progress on hold for a little bit to see how realistic it would be to try and learn this in a few days to start working again. If I can't, I plan on backing up the files I have as a placeholder for future research into it, and continue on with what I've done as a single player or possibly 2 player split screen co op thing.

It wont be quite what i wanted, but its still something right now.

Until the decision is made...

...its too dangerous to go alone! take this!

1 comment:

The Elephant's Trunk said...

I linked to your blog today in my blog. I hope it gets you some traffic. I'm so glad you're going forward with your game. I really didn't want you to give up. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Post a Comment